£43,000 - £46,000 Per Annum
London City, United Kingdom
BACS/Chaps/Swift,Retail Banking,Fraud,Investment Banking
Permanent | Full Time
Location: London / City
Salary: £43,000 - £46,000 Per Annum (+ excellent benefits & bonus )
Financial Crime Investigations Senior Analyst (FIs/NBFIs) - London
About the Role
We are looking for a Financial Crime Investigations Senior Analyst to act as a subject matter expert and lead complex investigations into financial crime typologies across our respondent FI and NBFI client base. You will conduct detailed transaction and data reviews for complex clients, liaise with respondents and address any actual or suspected financial crime incidents. You will be the first escalation point for other members of the team and drive control improvements to enable our growth aspirations. You will take responsibility for manual and automated post-transaction monitoring as well as proactive identification of risk, and work closely with internal and external stakeholders in ensuring that risk mitigating actions are taken. You will review and investigate fraud queries, respond to law enforcement requests and sanctioned payment escalations.
We believe that the best Senior Analysts enjoy what they do. Candidates should have proven experience in senior roles within transaction monitoring across FI and NBFIs. You will have a strong understanding of financial crime typologies and detection methods and act as advisor to members of the team during their investigations. You must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable dealing with change and take pride in owning and mitigating financial crime risk for the business. Successful candidates will be experienced in raising concerns and providing ideas, engaging with clients and making informed decisions.
Candidates should have sound knowledge of correspondent banking services; strong technical and regulatory knowledge across financial crime within the UK and a firm understanding of how to identify and mitigate risks within a business.
Core Skills and Experience:
· Act as subject matter expert for financial crime investigations across FIs and NBFIs.
· Have deep understanding of the risks within correspondent banking and experience in detection and mitigation of such risk.
· Assist with strengthening of financial crime knowledge and money laundering typologies within the team and across the wider business.
· Conduct complex transaction analysis using large data sets to identify unusual themes and patterns.
· Manage and resolve end-to-end investigations (alerts, cases, reviews) in a timely manner.
· Act as the first escalation point for investigations into complex transactions and/or clients, documenting and concluding as appropriate.
· Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potential suspicious activity and disposition or investigate as appropriate.
· Where appropriate, facilitate requests for information (RFIs) by liaising with clients and/or RMs.
· Proactively identify trends and emerging themes and assist the Investigations Lead with implementing detection features before disruption occurs.
· Manage competing tasks and priorities in a manner that effectively mitigates top risks.
· Provide strong technical and financial crime regulatory guidance and knowledge on how to mitigate and control for risk based on typologies.
· Monitor and investigate fraud cases, liaising with respondent FI/NBFIs to diminish losses and assist in recovery of funds.
· Handle sanctioned payment escalations from payment operations, conduct investigations into potential hits and determine whether to release or report payments.
· Support the Investigations Lead with development of new systems and controls, to include new rules and reporting functionality to address specific financial crime risks.
· Own validation for automated and manual transaction monitoring systems and provide input on any updates required.
· Support the Financial Crime Investigations Lead and others with ad hoc requests, projects or routine duties.
We are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we’re always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
Core hours of work are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm.
About what we offer
· A supportive, challenging and agile environment
· You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now