Senior Full Stack Engineer
Our client provides carrier billing and mobile wallets. As a successful ever-expanding organization, the Enterprise Engineering team is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer, This position is home-based until government restrictions allow. Thereafter, you will be based in their Central London office a couple of days a week. You will be working collaboratively with team members in Sibiu, Mumbai, London and San Francisco.
As Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will form part of the Enterprise Engineering team and be responsible for hands-on end-to-end development and support of financial components to include settlement and reconciliation.
As Senior Full Stack Engineer you will:
- Work hands-on with a highly skilled team of Engineers and stakeholder to ideate, build, and improve payment products and features
- An ability to think through customer's pain points and requirements and to come up with a simple, elegant solution
- Design, build, and enhance the frontend UI and backend APIs required for the products.
- Own the products that you build, become the domain expert, and be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and release
- Mentor and coaches’ other engineers
- Sharing knowledge and drive Engineering best practices across the Engineering teams by giving brown bags, writing article, etc
As Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be :
- Self-starter – You require little to no supervision
- Growth-minded – You are curious and enthusiastic to expand your skills
- Ownership–You are confident, driven, self-motivated and quickly take ownership of your work.
- Product minded – You enjoy working with stakeholders on requirement discovery and building out new features
- Multiplier – You are passionate about sharing knowledge with others and growing junior team members
- Desire for impact - You are willing to take on more responsibilities as opportunities arise
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who has:
- 8+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- 2+ years of experience in leading teams
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams: Product Management, Quality Assurance, Operational Support, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document and explain technical design, best practices, and integration guide to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Hands-on software development experience in Java.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience integrating with third party web services across a variety of technologies, e.g. REST, SOAP, SMPP
- Experience with some (or all) of the following technologies/frameworks/tools: Maven, Git, MySQL, JMS, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Jersey, Jetty, Kubernetes.
- Experience building and maintaining applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Has worked or currently working in Payment industry