Senior Product Manager - Payments
Our client is an acclaimed payment provider supplying bespoke solutions to their customers.
In this role, you’ll be in charge of owning a product throughout its lifecycle. From defining what customers need and want and scoping industry opportunities on the horizon, to building business cases, launching new products and working with brilliant marketing and sales team to sell our products. It’s your role to ensure that products and services support the company strategy and mission.
You’ll bring your passion for payments and inquisitive nature for consumer and shopping trends to everything you do.
What you will be doing:
- Own a product through its lifecycle, including; defining the proposition based on customer wants and needs, building business cases based on the proposition, defining what the product / features should look like, support the business to sell the product and owning the product P&L to ensure there’s in-life optimisation of your product.
- You’ll provide the product vision and demonstrate leadership to key stakeholders involved in the development, marketing and sale of products.
- You’ll work hand in hand with Product Owners to help define the product requirements, the Product Owner will lead defining the requirements in the scrum with the Business Analysts for our Engineering team.
- You’ll translate the business strategy into the product strategy, with your passion for payments and customer solutions, you’ll constantly be looking for opportunities in the market and our product suite to define what our customers need. You’ll right size opportunities and their impact with a proposition and commercial lens.
- You’ll own the product roadmap and ensure its delivered by working with our Product Owners.
- Working with your key stakeholders, you’ll plan and deliver product launches.
- You’ll work closely with Sales and Marketing to ensure our product set meets the market needs and any potential sales opportunities are correctly t-shirt sized for product and commercial viability.
- You’ll provide insight to key stakeholders on our products and the market.
- Manage product profitability and commercial success – you own the business case and product P&L once live.
- You’ll make sure that the Product Owner and Business Analysis teams have a clear view on what the end product should look like to correctly define technical delivery requirements.
What you'll be experienced in
- Demonstrable Product management experience working in an Agile environment as a senior product specialist.
- The full end to end product management lifecycle and long term P&L ownership of a product.
- Successful delivery of new products to market, from ideation to operations.
- Working in start up, small and scaling businesses.
- Effectively communicating and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders from developers to the C-suite team.
- Proficient in the use of Confluence and Jira
- Proficient with MS Office tools, MS Project, comfortable with the use of SharePoint and MS Teams Nice to have Agile SAFE qualification
How you act
- You’ll have a real passion for payments, the factors in our industry that are changing and being disrupted every day.
- Strong work ethic, extremely organised, pragmatic with excellent attention to detail
- Be motivated by achieving set goals and exceeding them.
- You’ll focus on the organisational needs with passion and care – you’ll focus on the long term vision and roll with any changes or shifts needed to get there.
- With a laser focus on clear simple communication
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- A strong communicator who is friendly and approachable
- Team orientated with a can-do attitude