Senior UX Designer - Payments, Banking experience
Our client is a global digital only fintech offering a unique product offering.
The key focus for this role is to provide access to worldwide bank transfers, bitcoin transactions and p2p payments.
As Senior UX Designer, you will help define a best-in-class user experience for the product, partnering with Product Managers, UXR, engineering and fellow designers. You will be a Designer with extensive experience crafting creative and usable interfaces with a strong focus on client needs in a collaborative environment. You will inspire and elevate the other members of the design team by providing guidance and mentorship, setting an example by following best practices, bringing innovative technological ideas, and defining and ensuring a design process is followed.
You’ll be an advocate for the importance of UCD, UX and UX research, lean and agile methodologies. You will support the Product team in shaping the product’s strategy and vision by being an active participant in the Ideation and R&D stage. You will be expected to benchmark, research and utilise data to further develop the product as well as grow strategic concepts through design exploration, ideation, and user validation as part of a cross-functional team.
Your work will bring clients a sense of delight every time they use the product.
- Design interfaces, flows, interactions and experiences for new features that will directly impact clients lives
- Collaborate with Product and UXR on ongoing discovery, to understand client attitudes, behaviours, and needs
- Be an advocate for end-users and their needs, expectations & pain-points
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to conceptualise solutions
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, to produce data-informed solutions that consider problems from multiple angles
- Effectively communicate product design ideas to cross-functional teams, business stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Empathise with users through testing and persona development & reviews
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Track changing user preferences and adapt & improve existing designs
- Identify new product improvement opportunities by understanding current user frustrations and unmet needs
- Be an advocate and strive for best-in-class user experience and best practices in terms of UX/UI design and design processes
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- UX experience, specifically working on Payments products
- An analytical mind, able to balance business and customer needs and constraints
- A keen interest in the behavioural psychology of users.
- Experience in working as part of multi functional squads, and agile workflows to deliver features at a very fast pace
- Exceptional product design skills and the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking
- A people-focussed design mentality and desire to design and craft products/features that truly have meaningful impact
- Data driven mindset and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions
- Conceptualise and execute with speed and scale
- Be fluent in Figma & Adobe creative suite
- Promote design guidelines and best practices
- Actively contribute to the Design System and help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Participate in Design Reviews by giving and welcoming feedback
- Provide guidance and share expertise with more junior members of the team
- Take part in the hiring process of qualified design candidates to help identify top talent in the candidate pool.
- Support your squad in identifying dependencies between cross-functional teams and be an advocate for cross-collaboration when needed
- Work closely with the UXR to identify areas for research and drive improvements