Dependent on experience
FULLY REMOTE EU HOURS
Permanent | Full Time
Tech Support Engineer – with Linux
Tech support, Linux, Windows, MAC
Our client is a global fintech start-up with a fully remote team, working across more than 40 countries.
If you are you a technical person eager to make a difference, then this is the job for you.
This full-time position is REMOTE and the working hours will be in the European timezone.
Day to day , you will:
● Assist with Tech Support initiatives and daily activities
● Work on the onboarding and offboarding of employees and vendors
● Review cases and provide appropriate solutions to end-users and support of a mixed environment of Windows, Linux and Mac workstations
● Troubleshoot problems, document solutions, and work with end-users to fix issues and prevent new ones
● Analyze end-users’ problems to identify trends and pain-points to drive improvements
● Be a driving force in identifying improvements in technical support-related processes and work to address any gaps in internal tools and processes. Respond to regulatory requests
● Conduct security projects in alignment with Information Security standards to protect the interests of the organization and its clients
To be successful in this role, you will need:
● 3–5 years of professional experience in a similar role
● Proficiency in desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac & Linux), IT applications, and infrastructure
● Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
● Knowledge of security applied to end-users and applications
● Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate judgment in prioritizing assignments
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Commitment to employee satisfaction. Nice-to-have experience and skills
● Prior work experience in the banking environment is desirable
● Work experience administering Amazon WorkSpaces and AWS
● Work experience administering Google Workspaces (G Suite), Okta and SAML/SSO integrations
● Work experience administering OpenVPN
● Work experience administering Slack and Zoom
● Work experience administering Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Github
● Basic-to-intermediate CLI usage and scripting skills (Bash, Python) are a plus.