Our client is a well established payments technology business, with an excellent merchant portfolio, offering fantastic payment solutions internationally, from their base in the UK. As part of the businesses continued growth and development, we are keen to hire a Technical Operations Support Engineer to join the Operations team, to assist with the support & maintenance of our technology stack for our internal & external stakeholders.
About the role:
- On a daily basis, you will be carrying out technical & documented BAU tasks.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring relevant teams/individuals are trained to avoid single-points of failure.
- You will enjoy driving the business towards efficiency by working with technical and operational teams to identify existing processes which can be optimised, streamlined and automated where appropriate.
- On a day to day basis, you will provide industry leading support, both technically and operationally to our wide range of clients and colleagues, and monitor payments services to ensure optimal service and availability.
- As part of our on-boarding processes, you will support Client on-boarding by defining and implementing client configuration for use of our payment services & support on-going Client requirements by defining and implementing client configurations
- Perform 1st Line of Defence role, monitoring Clients, traffic, customers and following appropriate processes as required within a high availability environment
- Deliver a great service to our customers and suppliers by delivering excellent relationship management, communication and delivery.
- You will enjoy identifying opportunities for change & will remain customer centric at all times.
About your skills & experience:
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills, with great verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, pro-active & positive attitude.
- Be able to work successfully as part of a growing team.
- Good knowledge and experience of infrastructure and service architecture (key to your success in this role will be your knowledge of Linux, Tomcat & Apache).
- Experience & understanding of payments.
- Committed to placing the needs of the clients first and to deliver consistently high quality of service, dealing with multiple tasks at once
- Possess high level of drive and determination, and deliver quality outputs to tight deadlines by working collaboratively and transparently with colleagues to achieve common goals
- Linux (proficient)
- Tomcat (proficient)
- Apache (proficient)
- Java (desirable)